Police Blotter: Man throws rocks to slow speeder


Quiet week on the island. There was a drunk driving arrest, the theft of some boating equipment, a death threat over a construction job and some rock throwing.

Blotter’s below.

Feb. 24
Unsecured: A male was cited for traveling on Highway 305 with an unsecured trailer of firewood just after 5:30 p.m. An officer noticed the trailer had wood stacked above the trailer’s walls. The male was also cited for driving with a suspended license and for failing to provide proof of insurance.

Feb. 20
Rock throwing: A Bainbridge woman reported that a man in her Sunrise Drive neighborhood threw rocks at her car. When she confronted the man, he told her he threw the rocks because she was speeding. The man told police that he threw dirt rather than rocks, and that he felt the woman approached him in a threatening manner. He also implied that the woman’s speeding constituted a threat, thereby justifying the throwing. Police advised the man to contact the homeowners association about speeding issues.

Feb. 19
Theft: About $3,000 worth of electronic navigation equipment was stolen from a boat parked on an Eagle Harbor Drive driveway sometime during the last two months.

Drunken driving: A Bainbridge woman was arrested for drunken driving on Grow Avenue, near Gideon Lane, just before 1:45 a.m. Police had observed that the suspect’s vehicle had expired tabs as she was pulling out of a parking stall on Winslow Way. An officer noticed the suspect had the odor of alcohol and slurred speech once she was pulled over. She admitted to having two vodka drinks. She was taken to the county jail in Port Orchard.

Feb. 18
Threatened: A construction contractor reportedly threatened to kill a Bainbridge property owner after partial payment was withheld. The property owner, an Oakland, Calif. resident, said the contractor had done substandard work on a flooded basement on Lovgreen Road. The contractor reportedly said he’d kill the owner and damage his property. The contractor denied the threats. A report was forwarded to the county prosecutor.