WSU 35, UNLV 27: Postgame notesSeptember 14th, 2012 by cstark
Hey, look who’s 2-1.
Yeah, yeah. WSU beat Eastern Washington and they managed to beat UNLV, one of the worst teams in the country, 35-28 Friday night in Las Vegas. Oh, well, nobody will remember by the end of the year.
Here’s some postgame notes, courtesy WSU sports information:
• Travis Long started his 39th straight game, every game in his career
• Long made two sacks to up his career total to 15 and is now sits tenth in WSU’s top-10 for career sacks
• Long’s two tackles-for-loss pushed his career TFL to 33.5, good for sixth on WSU’s career top-10 for tackles-for-loss
• Long matched a career-high with nine tackles, SMU – 2009 and at BYU – 2012
• Tyree Toomer made his first career interception
• Isiah Myers caught his third career touchdown, all this season
• Gabe Marks caught his first career touchdown and notched his first career 100-yard game
• Halliday passed for 378 yards, his third career 300-yard performance in just two starts and six appearances.
• Halliday threw four touchdown passes, his second career four-TD game (ASU-2011)
• Halliday has thrown 13 career touchdown passes in his first six games, four more than Drew Bledsoe who threw nine touchdowns in the first six games of his career
• Marks and Wilson both went over 100 yards receiving, the first time two players went over the 100 yards in the same game since Wilson (223) and Isiah Barton (155) did so against Arizona State last season
• Leon Brooks scored his first career touchdown
MARQUESS WILSON NOTES
• Had five catches to move into fifth on WSU’s career top-10 for receptions with 150
• His 110 receiving yards gave him his 12th career 100-yard game, passing Mike Levenseller for most in WSU history.
• Wilson now has 2,612 career receiving yards, third-most in WSU history and good for No. 33 in Pac-12 history
• Wilson’s two touchdowns gave him No. 19 and 20 of his career, third most in WSU’s top-10 for receiving touchdowns.
• Has caught a pass in all 27 games of his career.
• Wilson’s 81-yard touchdown was the second longest touchdown of his career (85 vs. ASU – 2011). He now has eight career touchdown catches of 50+ yards.