Five Things on a Hot Summer DayJuly 30th, 2009 by cstark
1) Jim Moore has an interesting take in the SeattlePI.com on Ian Snell, the pitcher the M’s got in the trade with Pittsburgh along with shortstop Jack Wilson. Snell sounds like, well, a piece of work. But will he work out?
2) Here’s a link to the Seattle Examiner, which has some info on the Kitsap Pumas’ USL PDL quarterfinal playoff battle in Laredo, Texas.
3) John Daly said he’s got his stuff together. He’s been hanging with buddy Kid Rock in Detroit for this week’s Buick Open. Check out this AP story and this YouTube video of Daly hitting a shot off a 24-ounce can of Budweiser.
4) Here’s Bob Condotta’s blog report in the Seattle Times from Pac-10 football media day on the Washington Huskies.
5) WSU picked last in Pac-10 media poll.