Looking for something to do this week? Here’s a few options:
* Klahowya visits North Kitsap for a baseball game featuring two of the best in the Olympic League.
* If fastpitch softball is your pleasure, unbeaten North Mason will try to stay that way when it hosts Port Angeles. Both games start at 4 p.m.
* Callaway Golf, in the conjunction with the Callaway Invitational, is hosting a tent show and demo day that’s open to the public at Gold Mountain from 9 a.m top 1 p.m. The two-day golf tournament, featuring some of the top pros in the northwest, begins with a shotgun start at 1 p.m.
* Olympic College’s improved baseball team plays the Douglas Royals from British Columbia in a makeup doubleheader, 1 p.m. at Legion Field. OC, 14-17 overall, lost a pair of one-run games to the Royals last week, but bounced back to earn a split in its four-game series against Everett, one of the NWAACC’s toughest teams.
* The Mariners open a three-game series against Tampa at Safeco Field at 7 p.m. Active military get discounts on Tuesdays. The M’s have lost three of four, but still lead the AL West.
* Might be a good night check out Marvin Williams and the Atlanta Hawks in Game 2 of their NBA playoff series against Dwyane Wade and Miami. The Hawks leads the series 1-0. Game 2 tips off at 5 p.m. and it will be televised by TNT.
* If Mother Nature cooperates, head to Tacoma to watch the Rainiers and Salt Lake Bees. The second game of the four-game series at Cheney Stadium begins at 7 p.m.
* The annual Tim Higgins Memorial Golf Tournament will be played at Kitsap Golf & Country Club. The best high school golfers in the area will be on display. Tee time is noon.
* Bainbridge takes on Holy Names in a Metro League softball showdown at Husky Stadium on the University of Washington campus. It’s a pretty cool setting for softball if you haven’t seen a game at that facility. First pitch is scheduled for 4 p.m.
* The Mariners close out their first homestand with a 3:40 p.m. game. Felix Hernandez is scheduled to pitch for Seattle.
* Central Kitsap and South Kitsap play baseball in Silverdale and fastpitch at South Kitsap’s home field in Port Orchard. It’s the only time the Narrows League rivals, who are in different divisions, will play during the regular season. Both games start at 4 p.m.
* If you’re a soccer fan, head to Port Orchard for an appealing doubleheader. South Kitsap takes on powerhouse Bellarmine, the state’s top-ranked team, in a battle of Narrows League unbeatens at 2 p.m., and the Kitsap Pumas, a professional USL Premier Developmental League club, takes on Seattle Pacific University in a 4:30 p.m. exhibition. It’s the Pumas final tuneup before opening PDL league play.
* Washington wraps up its spring football drills with a 1 p.m, scrimmage at Husky Stadium.
* Closer to home, da Kitsap Bears open Cascade Football League play against the Peninsula Pirates at 7 p.m. at Silverdale Stadium. Former Klahowya and University of Puget Sound star running back Rory Lee is playing for the semi-pro Bears this year.
* And there’s always the NFL Draft for the die-hard football addict. Who are the Seahawks going to select with the fourth pick? Will the Detroit Lions draft QB Matt Stafford? Tune in to ESPN at 1 p.m. and find out.
* It’s also the traditional opening day for the lake fishing season. There’s free fishing for kids up to 13 at Jarstad Park in Gorst and the Bainbridge Island Sportsmen’s Club will host their annual Huck Finn/Becky Thatcher Fishing Derby at the Irving S. Miller Memorial Pond off Sportsmen’s Club Road. Both events are free. See Tuesday’s Kitsap Sun for information.