Night of Musical Madness 2008 updateDecember 2nd, 2008 by travis hay
Here’s a quick update on how things went during the 2008 Night of Musical Madness:
• Everything went as planned. I was able to see an hour of
Wu-Tang and catch all of Metallica
• I lost my voice screaming along to Metallica. It happened during “Sad But True.”
• There were lasers and pyro at Metallica. Set highlights included “Motorbreath,” “Harvester of Sorrow” and “Sanitarium.”
• Metallica also broke out a cover of The Misfits (or is it Danzig song?) “Die, Die My Darling,” before which Kirk and Lars teased the crowd with about one minute of “The Shortest Straw.”
• Wu-Tang was sans Method Man but they still rocked the Showbox SoDo. I was in awe of the lyrical skill of all seven members who were there.
• I got to hear just about every Wu track I wanted to hear including an ode to O.D.B. suite and I threw up about a hundred Wu-Tang W hand symbols.
I’ll have videos, photos and more words later, but for now I have to boogie on over the hill and head to work.