Ahhh summertime! The season of sunsets, ice cream cones, beaches, kayaking and s’mores.
The weather out there has been so amazingly delightful, that I’m going with the challenge theme of SUMMERTIME for this round.
So your challenge this month if you choose to accept it is to show me your BEST photo that depicts the Summer season. You may interpret this theme any way you so wish…maybe Summer to you is a still life of a good book in a hammock, an ice cream cone being devoured by a ravenous youngster or a silhouette at sunset. Summer is all around you so gosh darn it show me how you see it before the leaves start to fall!
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1) The whole point of these challenges is to get you out in your community and get those shutters (or phones) snapping while building on your current photography skills and to push you to take better photos. I will accept photos captured earlier this summer, BUT THE PHOTO MUST BE SHOT AT SOME POINT IN THIS 2014 SUMMER SEASON.
2) Put your name, REAL NAME somewhere on the upload entry or included in the email to me.
3) Pay attention to your light, subject matter and composition because those three things are the most important parts of a good photograph.
4) Have fun, photography is funnest thing in the world darn it!
5) Take the lens cap off of your camera (if you are using an actual camera that is).
6) There are 12 Hasselblad cameras on the surface of the moon. They were left there after the moon landings to allow for the extra weight of the lunar rock samples to be brought back.. (You don’t really need to remember #6, I was just seeing if anyone actually reads these and I think it is a cool tidbit of photo info).
DEADLINE IS FRIDAY AUGUST 1st.!
Entries may be uploaded via the “Upload Kitsap Frames Photo Challenges here.” link over on the right hand side of this page or you may email them to me if you prefer : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stand-outs will be chosen and published in an upcoming print edition of the Kitsap Sun.