Here are a few more images from a box of 1968-1969 negatives by the photo staff of the Bremerton Sun:
***Remember, the only information I have on these images is what is written on the negative sleeve which is then typed in beneath the photos seen below.
A few images found:
- A chicken that “layed” a large egg (yes sometimes news days were very slow even back then and photographers had a hard time when it came to spelling “laid”).
- Gary Sexton and a dog.
- Images from inside PSNS that were labeled “Armed Forces Day”.
- Central Kitsap classroom additions.
- A glimpse into the life of Safety Patrol kids.
- Man builds his own pool table
- Political signs and stickers inside the GOP and DEM headquarters
- A toaster oven. No date, no title just some pictures of a toaster oven.
For a recap of this archive project, you can click here
To catch up on any of the From The Archives posts you may have missed, click here.
***I also feel the need to put small plea on this post because of some slightly unscrupulous re-postings – if you are going to share these photos around social media and what not (which is totally fine) PLEASE credit the Kitsap Sun. These are our old but still copyrighted images and it is important to note that they are credited to us. ***
***yes that is how they spelled “laid” back in the day apparently according to the negative sleeve***