The Top Ten Reasons This Mom Loves Back-To-School TimeAugust 23rd, 2010 by jennyonthespot
I’m gonna count backwards. That way, I can show off my mathiness.
10. The smell. There is this “smell”. It’s not the smell of Fall, but the smell of “Fall is on it’s way.” It’s like the smell of cookies, but nature-ier.
9. New shoes. For mom. I got myself a pair. You should copy me.
8. A sense of “peace is near”… I can do anything for 9 more days. Even be with my own children. I know, I’m a saint.
6. School lunch snacks in the pantry. This also sucks because I am not a good resister of temptation. *raises fist to curse the Hostess snack cake*
5. The end of guilt is near. At the end of every school year I am so intent… on making sure the kids do some form of school work for X many minutes everyday… and then they will bring world peace. Well, every year I seem to lower my own bar… and at this point a teeny little red ant prolly couldn’t limbo under my intentions. So… back to school means I won’t feel guilty for undoing the previous year’s education.
4. Peace and quiet. Gloray!
3. New backpacks and school supplies. I bought extra so I could have my own stash and feel like a teacher again. I skipped on the denim overall dress though.
2. A break. I love my kids, but kids are work! And much of the summer I have stayed up very late at night to do my own work. Back-to-school means I may be able to get to bed before 1 a.m. and finish the bulk of my “work life” while they are busy with learning.
1. I love Fall. And my birthday is in the Fall. So… bring it, and by “it”, I mean PRESENTS.
But enough about ME… Why do YOU look forward to “back-to-school”?
- Jenny is a scattered mom of 3 who loves to dance, spray glitter, and dreams of being famous… You can read more about Jenny at her blog Jenny On The Spot, where she has been telling tales of maternal defeat and digression since 2004. You can also find her on Twitter.