A Day Made Better comes to Vinland ElementaryNovember 4th, 2009 by jennyonthespot
Back in September I was given the opportunity to join Office Max in their effort to help erase teacher funded classrooms. Office Max joined forces with Adopt-A-Classroom to create the A Day Made Better Campaign. In an effort to spread the word, Office Max reached out to the 30 gals in the *mommy* blogging community to help get the word out. I feel privileged to have been one of those 30:
My role as a Max Mom was had several facets:
- to host a contest on my Jenny on the Spot blog for readers to be able to nominate a teacher of their choice for a $100 Visa gift card to use in their classroom… and CHOOSE the winner *that was HARD*
- to host a local party to raise supplies and/or funds for a local teacher
- to deliver “the goods” to the winning teacher
- to publish the story on Whrrl
- the opportunity to attend a local school when Office Max delivered one of their 1000 BIG surprises – $1000 of school supplies to one lucky teacher. Linda Willimas from Wolfle Elementary in Kingston was our local recipient. You can see that Whrrl story here.
But I really want to share the following story. Our delivery to Mrs. McClanahan at Vinland Elementary in Poulsbo. My friend Alli McDonald (author of No Time for Flashcards) and I joined blogger forces… and threw a party. Please click here to view that story on Whrrl… It gives a bit of explanation and background I am not adding here. Aaand pictures. I love pictures!
Did a look? It was fun, huh?!
Now. You have seen all the women, families and local businesses (Zero Gravity Athletics, Poulsbo Perk, Poulsbo Athletic Club & KCMT) that contributed to the story you get to see here… The story of a deserving teacher and second grade classroom get’s surprised with a great big box of goodness!
Don’t miss a thing! You can get Mom on the Spot by RSS feed.