Kitsap Bank names semi-finalists in small business competitionJuly 29th, 2014 by Tad Sooter
Eight Kitsap Companies were among the 16 semi-finalists announced in Kitsap Bank’s inaugural edg3 FUND competition.
The contest recognizes small businesses that benefit their communities economically, socially or environmentally. The winner will receive $20,000.
These were the semi-finalists, selected from nearly 70 applicants from areas served by the bank, with Kitsap companies in bold:
- Cape Cleare Fishery, Port Townsend
- Eleven Winery, Bainbridge Island (Kitsap Sun story)
- F.R.O.G. Soap, Bremerton (Kitsap Sun story)
- Finnriver Cidery, Chimacum
- Force 10 Sailmaking and Rigging, Nordland
- GoXpedition, Sequim
- Monica’s Waterfront Bakery and Café, Silverdale (Kitsap Sun story)
- Moonlight Farm, Quilcene
- North Kitsap Metal Recycling, LLC, Kingston
- OlyKraut, LLC, Olympia
- Olympic Organics, LLC, Kingston (Kitsap Sun story)
- Pawzii, Inc., Bremerton
- Projected Talent, Inc., Issaquah
- Propolis Brewing, LLC, Port Townsend
- The Food Shed, Kingston (Kitsap Sun story)
- With Respect, Port Orchard
A public vote will be used to pick the finalists (profiles will be posted here Aug. 1). The finalists will enter a live competition and a winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
Photo of Monica’s Waterfront Bakery & Cafe. MEEGAN REID / KITSAP SUN