Hanging a wall shelf in a small area where you just need a bit of a surface can really make a major organizational impact. I’m in need of one over my washing machine, so I can get the detergent, fabric softener and stain removing products off of the dryer. Here are a few ideas of other places where a little shelf might come in handy:
- Near your front or back door, with a stylish dish for keys and wallets.
- The area between your bathroom sink and the medicine cabinet.
- Instead of a bedside table in a small bedroom, like mine.
- Just above or to the side of the stove or cook-top for commonly used spices and oils.
- On the wall just above your desk, to keep office supplies off of your work surface.
- Above your dining room buffet for extra glassware and decorative accessories.
I searched Etsy and found some beautiful, handmade options that just might enhance your home and fill an organizational need.