It’s official: Wednesday’s Seahawk fan trek to Seattle, through the Bremerton and Bainbridge Island ferry terminals, was one for the record books.
In fact, the trip to catch a glimpse of the Super Bowl champs coming down Fourth Street in Seattle blew away pretty much all previous records, with close to 40,000 people traversing Colman Dock.
For comparison’s sake, here’s some recent high water marks for Washington State Ferries. The counts include all passengers traveling through Colman Dock, on both the Bainbridge Island and Bremerton routes:
· Independence Day – July 4, 2013 : 14,365
· Mother Day – May 12, 2013: 15,579
· Average Wednesday for middle of Summer Schedule (July 17, 2013): 15, 774
· Thanksgiving – November 27, 2013: 15,923
· Labor Day – August 30, 2013 (Friday before labor day): 16,021
· Super Bowl Parade – February 5, 2014: 39,411
“With respect to system history, we have 20 and 30 year WSF veterans who have stated that they have never seen anything like it, with respect to the activity at Colman Dock yesterday,” Washington State Ferries Communications Director Marta Coursey told us Thursday.
It appears there’s just no stopping the 12th man.