Cheers To You

An exploration of all things wine with local wine expert Mary Earl.
Subscribe to RSS

Weekly wine defined: Capsule

October 7th, 2013 by brynn grimley

Brynn writes:

Recently I was trying to open a bottle of wine and I couldn’t get the darn thing on the top cut off to let me get easy access to the cork.

And then once I did get it off, I almost snagged my finger on the metal “thingy”. Now I know what that “thingy” is called: a capsule.

Capsule is the plastic, or foil as my fingers encountered, that covers the cork and part of the neck of a wine bottle.

Email This Post Email This Post Print This Post Print This Post

Comments are closed.

Archives: Cheers to You