Saturday a perfect day for wine tastingMay 3rd, 2013 by brynn grimley
I’m sure by now you’re all well aware that this weekend is supposed to be awesome, filled with warmth and blue, sunny skies.
What better way to enjoy our sneak peek at summer than with a glass (or two, or three) of a good wine.
Rolling Bay Winery on Bainbridge Island is open this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, from noon to 5:30 p.m. Their winery is a beautiful location just off Rolling Bay with outdoor tables, picturesque gardens and views of Seattle. See their website for more details.
Mosquito Fleet Winery in Belfair is opening its barrel room Saturday for people to taste its latest wines. This weekend marks the start of wine tasting season for the winery, which will open its doors every Saturday from now until September from noon to 5 p.m.
A recent email from the winery lists a calendar of events happening over the summer. If you’re super organized like me, you might want to write these dates down for future planning:
Spring has come fast and furious for us at MFW. We’ve been tasting and blending our 2011 wines and are excited to share them with you! We’ve also been busy creating a calendar of events to enjoy with you and your family and friends this summer. Check out some of the upcoming events:
- May 4: Barrell Room opens every Saturday for wine tastings Noon – 5pm (May-Sept)
- May 17: Bainbridge Island: wine tasting and book signing. Author Richard Blumenthal will be at The Chapel on Echo Bay to discuss his book “Maritime Place Names”. Come and learn all the interesting reasons why Washington waters and places are named the way they are. Time: 7- 10 p.m.
- May 17: Gig Harbor: Wine Tasting at The Wine Studio from 5-9 p.m.
- May 18: Winemakers dinner at Alderbrook Resort the breathtaking Hood Canal. Social hour begins at 6:30 / Dinner at 7 p.m.; $129 per person.
- May 26: Barrel tasting 2-5 p.m. with winemaker, Brian Petersen. Sample a variety of wines in various barrels. Learn about the importance of barrel selection and how it affects the flavors. $25 per person.
- June 27: Winemaker’s dinner at the Winery in the barrel room with one of our favorite chefs, Dustin Joseph of the Art House Café in Tacoma. $100 per person menu BTA. Enjoy a gourmet five course meal and wine with the owners of Mosquito Fleet Winery. Seating is limited.
- July 5: Winery open for tastings 4-8 p.m. Bring your family and visiting guests down for a taste!
- Aug 8: Salsa dancing lesson in the Barrel Room. This is gonna be one HOT August night!! Bring your partner and a little attitude and we’ll bring the wine and appies! Tickets will be available soon.
- Sept 10: Bottling day. We’ll be bottling our 2011wines for your future enjoyment.