Carbon Monoxide Warning

It would appear the fivesome got out on time, but this is a real deal I know a little bit about from personal experience.

Following the wind storms last year we set up a generator outside our house. I had been sick anyway, so was spending a lot of time in bed. My wife was pregnant, so late one night we went to get carbon monoxide detectors.

The next night, the alarm went off. We called the fine folks at the fire department. Upstairs our house was registering really high because of carbon monoxide. Downstairs was fine, but we couldn’t run the generator anymore so it got really cold.

Anyway, I’m not saying anything profound here, but carbon monoxide is nothing to get careless about.

One thought on “Carbon Monoxide Warning

  1. …”…The great danger of carbon monoxide is its attraction to hemoglobin in the bloodstream. When breathed in, carbon monoxide replaces the oxygen which cells need to function. When CO is present in the air, it rapidly accumulates in the blood, causing symptoms similar to the flu, such as headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizzy spells, confusion, and irritability. As levels increase, vomiting, loss of consciousness, and eventually brain damage or death can result….”

    Cyclists inhale car exhaust -carbon monoxide- and don’t even realize what its doing to their lungs over time.
    It is vital we change our transportation mode – drive less to protect our health.
    In the meantime… ask your doctor about getting a Spirometry test for early detection of lung disease or call Harrison Medical Center for their next scheduled.Spirometry testing.
    Sharon O’Hara

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Before you post, please complete the prompt below.

Please enter the word MILK here: