Tag Archives: fire

Relief fund set up for the 122 Bar

The Bainbridge Island Downtown Association has established a relief fund for the employees and families of The 122 Bar and Restaurant.

The bar was gutted by fire on Monday morning.

Relief fund contributions can be made at the Winslow branch of Columbia Bank.

Funds will be collected until the end of August and then distributed in September.

A fire, a jump and a debate over housing

Here’s a few recent Bainbridge news items:

A north-end home was gutted on Thursday afternoon. Old wiring may be the cause, according to the home’s owner. Read my story here, and see more photos on my Picasa page.

A 35-year-old man, distraught over the loss of his job, jumped from the Agate Pass Bridge on Friday. Read the Sun’s coverage here.

The city Planning Commission heard some emotional comments from residents about the revamped affordable housing ordinance. Read my coverage of the Thursday evening meeting below.

Continue reading