Friday preview: Bainbridge editionNovember 30th, 2012 by Tad Sooter
Here’s the Friday preview: Bainbridge edition for Nov. 30. Feel free to give your events a plug in the comment section below. Above, Jeannie Passmore takes a walk through the Ace Hardware parking lot Tuesday with miniature horse Icey, Australian cattle dog puppy Howdy, and Scottish terrier JJ . (Tad Sooter photo)
Weather: The National Weather Service predicts rain showers through the weekend with temperatures in the mid 40s to low 50s.
Sports: Boys swimming hosts Ingraham at 3:30 p.m. Boys basketball plays North Kitsap at 3:45 p.m. in the Commodore Gym.
Girls basketball plays South Kitsap at 7 p.m. in the main gym. Wrestling travels to Kingston on Saturday for an 8 a.m. match.
- Looking for a “loverly” night out? Ovation!s’ “My Fair Lady” opens tonight at the Bainbridge High School Theater. The show continues through Dec. 16; 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays.
- Two holiday tours return to the island this weekend. The Winter Studio Tour marks its 29th year with more than 70 artists in 10 venues. The tour runs 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday through Sunday. Christmas in the Country also runs Friday through Sunday. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Bainbridge Brewing Company will be featured in the debut edition of “Cruising Kitsap,” a BKAT show highlighting popular hangouts around the county. “Cruising” premiers at 1 p.m. Saturday and can be seen at 8 p.m. Tuesdays. To suggest venues for upcoming shows, email email@example.com.
- Pick up this week’s Islander for more event listings and tell us about your events in the comment section below.
Inside the Islander: Michael Moore goes behind the scenes of “My Fair Lady.”
The week in review:
- In case you missed it, a costumed crowd turned out for the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot last week.
- About 4,300 homes in the Winslow area mysteriously lost power Tuesday morning.
- City Manager Doug Schulze recommended an assessment of the police department by an outside law enforcement group. The City Council concurred Wednesday.
- Islander and Olympic medalist Emily Silver will be inducted into the Pacific Northwest Swimming Hall of Fame this weekend.
- A baby girl named Lucy was born aboard a ferry midway between Bainbridge and Seattle on Thursday afternoon. No word yet on whether her middle name is Tacoma.
Tags: friday preview