Friday preview: Bainbridge editionOctober 19th, 2012 by Tad Sooter
Here’s the Friday preview: Bainbridge edition for Oct. 19. Feel free to give your events a plug in the comment section below. Read the Sun’s regional Friday preview here. Above, a screenshot from “Caldera,” one of the films playing at Celluloid Bainbridge this weekend.
Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting an uninspiring mix of clouds and showers for the weekend. Expect highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s.
Around the island:
- The Celluloid Bainbridge Film Festival headlines a very busy weekend on the island. Veteran documentarians discuss making films in remote locations at 6 p.m. tonight at the Bainbridge Library. Festival films will be screened at the Historic Lynwood Theatre on Saturday and Sunday. Check the Bainbridge Arts and Humanities Council website for more information.
- Families looking for a not-so-scary October event will appreciate the Bainbridge Gardens Pumpkin Walk. The tour runs 6-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Miller Road gardens. Donations will be accepted for the Boys and Girls Club.
- Former poet laureate Billy Collins will hold a public reading from 3-4:30 p.m. Sunday at the Bainbridge High School gym. Tickets start at $10 and proceeds benefit the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art.
- Pick up this week’s Islander for more event listings and tell us about your events in the comment section below.
Inside the Islander: Ever wonder how Bainbridge roads got their names? A new Islander column explores the history and legend of island streets.
The week in review:
- On Monday night a water heater fire forced the evacuation of the Aquatics Center.
- Candidates for 23rd Legislative District Positions squared off in Poulsbo.
- A merger of hospital groups could lead to a new urgent care center on the island.
- An islander led O’Dea against Bainbridge this week in football.
- The City Council approved a design contract for Eagle Harbor sewer main replacement.