In the works: Mosque planned at old Kitsap Bank building
Muslims in Bremerton and Kitsap County have long commuted to places of worship in Tacoma and other Puget Sound...
- The odd asphalt sidewalks on Washington Avenue
- Recreational marijuana comes to the east side
New partners for Central Dock, Bay Street Meat
A new set of partners are taking the helm of two key businesses in the Port Orchard Public Market. Beginning this month Central...
- Silverdale self-storage building tops July commercial sales
- Poulsbo Sonic opening soon, but no date set
Low-oxygen scenario following unusual course this year in Hood
Death came early to Hood Canal this year, demonstrating just how odd and unpredictable ocean conditions can be. Fish kills...
- Amusing Monday: Rare octopus has variety of tricks up its sleeves
- NASA researchers measure sea levels, predict faster rise
BYST alumni meet coming up
The Bremerton Youth Swimming Team will hold its inaugural alumni swim meet September 19 at 3 p.m. The meet is...
- Adrian named to national team roster
- Adrian, five others, to be face of Coca-Cola for Rio 2016
The three fastest journalists in Kitsap
David Nelson, Chris Henry and Andy Binion. A team made up of Kitsap Sun journalists managed a respectable showing at...
- Trail closure expanded near Olympic National Park wildfire
- How to get to Fudge Point
Port Orchard’s longest-sitting public servant
If people taking our Port Orchard trivia quiz had trouble with the question on who was the longest-sitting public servant...
- In fire country “the drill” getting familiar but old
- Foster homes for puppies needed
Rise of the robocall machines
We are calling you with an exciting opportunity Twice on Monday, an hour or so apart, a robot with a...
- Chat with the Bainbridge Police Chief
- Kitsap Lake woman said her elderly mom gets three scam calls a week
Women’s Equality Day – Remembering and Moving Forward
Women’s Equality Day is August 26th Women’s Equality Day was designated as August 26th via a Joint Resolution of Congress...
- Marriage Equality – Kitsap County Joins the Nation in Celebration
- It’s LGBT Pride Month!
- Hannah Spool
on the big screen in Portland Film Fest
Hannah Spool used to live in Port Orchard before moving to Portland via Los Angeles. During her time in L.A.,...
- Henley-Hicks lands big Seattle Musical Theatre role
- Admiral adds Keb’ Mo to 2015-16 lineup
Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow
One thing I did when I went in and told my boss, Kitsap Sun Editor David Nelson, that I was...
- Bold prediction alert: Trump won’t win
- Request to block initiative 1366 goes before King County judge on Friday
FRAMES~ From the archives 1981: The Winds Of War filming, a very
long game of Asteroids, Rolling Stones ticket hopefuls and
Apologies if everyone is just bored with 1981- but this one box of negatives was chock full of some nifty images...
- FRAMES~ From the archives 1981: a hypnotist, ONP goat management, storm damage and more
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #92: Sunrise or Sunset
Push to end corporate campaign funding comes to
National effort to amend the U.S. Constitution, declaring corporations are not people and money does not equal speech, is coming...
- Work on Wyatt Hill subdivision begins
- Slip into a dock fundraiser
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide