Time zones are killing me
Nathan Adrian will swim in the prelims of the 100 freestyle at the FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia, late...
- BISC’s Waite earns AG titles last weekend
- AP Investigation: Olympic teams to swim, boat in Rio’s filth
‘Gapping out’ an annoyance at stop lights
The in basket: Tom Baker writes, "Sometimes you will hear a left turn had a short signal. If the drivers...
- Using radar with rearview mirror is unorthodox
- Driver denied right to show insurance card electronically
Local push to stop corporate campaign funding
On primary election day a number north of a dozen and south of two dozen showed up at state Sen....
- Bryant believes he is a better fit for governor than Inslee
- Gun club permit issue aired in Tacoma
Trail closure expanded near Olympic National Park
Olympic National Park is closing another section of the Queets River Trail due to the spreading Paradise Fire. The...
- How to get to Fudge Point
- Take a virtual tour of P.O.’s Bay Street path
Restaurant, coffee shop proposed next to Poulsbo CVS
A restaurant and coffee shop could soon join CVS on Highway 305 in Poulsbo. Two buildings are proposed for a parcel...
- Kitsap Bank reports $1 billion in assets
- New Silverdale Starbucks opens, old store closes
Washington Avenue’s sporting new curbs
If you've been on Washington Avenue lately, you know it's quite a mess. But the $3.5 million project hit...
- Nite Shift no more: Development looms at old Bremerton bar site
- Storywalking history, the Roxy, and all things hoppy
Amusing Monday: Time-lapse reveals national-park wonders
Time-lapse photography can add a new dimension to the way we see things. When done well, these speeded-up videos not...
- How did one magazine article generate such a tsunami of public alarm?
- Inslee backs off water-quality standards; his next move is unclear
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday
Obamanism, right here in Silverdale
As I envision our future together I look forward to the day when we're both either shackled or lobotomized. I...
- Welcome to Pork Orchard
- S’Klallam Tribe blesses Port Gamble Bay before cleanup
FRAMES~ From the archives 1981: a computer whiz, Captain America
Jones, Hood Canal Bridge and more.
Alright even though I still have a bunch of 1975 images to share, I'm jumping ahead to a box...
- FRAMES: From the archives 1975: a doggy wedding, macrame, a weirdly shaped potato and some “real” news as well
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #91: Macro/Close-Up
Chat with the Bainbridge Police Chief
Two years on the job, Bainbridge Police Chief Matt Hamner talks about the work he has done with the department....
- Kitsap Lake woman said her elderly mom gets three scam calls a week
- New law lets cyclists enrage drivers who are not too distracted by their iPhones
All-State boys soccer teams revealed
Central Kitsap’s Jaeger Skifstad, Kingston’s Alex Worland and Klahowya’s Jake Sargent and Paul Powell were named to the Washington...
- Klahowya hires Kerkhoff to coach boys basketball
- Locals named to All-State baseball teams on Thursday
Marriage Equality – Kitsap County Joins the Nation in
While there is more work to do on many levels, today’s history making Supreme Court decision is worth celebrating. In...
- It’s LGBT Pride Month!
- Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act and Some Consequences
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide