Thoughts run to an orca called Granny and her clan of five
Looking back on the various comments that followed the death of the killer whale named Granny, I realized that there...
- Amusing Monday: Entertaining videos don’t show real holograms
- Crab Team training will foster the upcoming hunt for green crab invaders
Four found dead after Lake Tahuya house fire were
Johnathon F. Higgins, 16 Christale Lynn Careaga, 37 Hunter E. Schaap, 16 CENTRAL KITSAP — The three people found Friday...
- Another clue in the mystery of man found on Bainbridge Island shore
- Remembering attorney Darrell Uptegraft, in the words of his friends
Don’t stop in a roundabout
The in basket: Dan Calnan says, “So, the latest roundabout head scratcher is the increasing number of people already in...
- Latest fatality steps up pressure at SR3 and Sunnyslope Road
- Rubberized chip seal showing wear in Parkwood
Kitsap Sun basketball power rankings
Check out Jeff Graham and Annette Griffus talking about boys and girls basketball rankings this week. Click here for the...
- Olympic League girls wrestling dual slated for Thursday
- Olympic’s Cabato verbally commits to Bethune Cookman
Moctezuma’s plans soft opening this week at Kitsap Mall
Diners can get their first taste of Moctezuma's Mexican Restaurant and Tequila Bar in Silverdale this week. The Kitsap Mall Moctezuma's will hold...
- ARCO station and ampm store proposed in Poulsbo
- Toy shop open in old Winslow Drug
Snow day in Bremerton
Evergreen-Rotary Park Friday morning. Bremerton's first snow this fall blanketed our peninsulas and all of Western Washington and Oregon. It closed...
- Beat Blast: A ferry collision, Pearl Harbor & return of the Hi-Fi
- From the archives: Bremerton soldier shares Holocaust’s horrors
Dove earns (a few) positive notices for “Hairspray”
Reviews ran hot and cold for NBC's "Hairspray Live," which aired Wednesday night. But the notices were more positive for...
- Kelly Huddleston’s got a new career recipe
- ‘Hairspray Live’ could be a breakout role for Dove Cameron
space, private benefit? Kitsap park leaders weigh in on Bremerton
Giving developers free and exclusive use of parks might be how things are done in Bremerton – but not...
- VIDEO: Seal swooping through a cloud of herring
- VIDEO: Swim with the salmon under Chico Creek
Adrian, 4×100 free win Relay Performance of the Year at Golden
NEW YORK (AP) — Olympic champion Nathan Adrian of Bremerton and the 4x100 freestyle From left to right, United States'...
- Adrian nominated for three Golden Goggles, including male athlete of the year
- Nathan Adrian back in area for Swim Across America
Comments illustrate difficulties in fixing triangle ferry
I don’t envy those who’ll be trying to fix the triangle ferry route. The solution probably requires cutting sailings...
- Ferry system launches student drawing contest
- Labor Day Weekend ferries will be hopping
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #102 Wildlife STANDOUTS
Nice work on the annual wildlife challenge! Remember there aren’t any winners or losers, I just pick a few images...
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1983: Rev. Taylor’s church service, a dog in a “stroller”, battleship wars and MORE!
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1961-62: women working New Years, Kahn’s store, OC basketball and more!
Law Enforcement and the Transgender Community Video
Recently the Department of Justice Community Relations Service (CRS) launched a new roll-call training video, “Law Enforcement and the Transgender...
- Social Justice Meet and Greet
- Remember Orlando
Port adds covered pavilion to Port Orchard waterfront
The Port of Bremerton is nearly finished building a covered pavilion overlooking Sinclair Inlet at its Port Orchard Marina Park....
- NKSD board reaches out with monthly newsletter
- City to ring chimes for law firm turning 100
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday