South Kitsap trio wins NW swimming/diving titles
South Kitsap’s Dylan Macabitas claimed two titles, the 200-yard individual medley and the 100 backstroke, at the Narrows League swimming...
- SK pair top seeds in Narrows League swimming championships
- Wrestling rankings from Washington Wrestling Report
CK grad and Kitsap 12 represents at his home in Super Bowl
Note: When I first posted these photos earlier in the week, I left out most of the details because I...
- Four candidates vie for Poulsbo City Council seat
- More to the Raspberry Pi story
Orcas! In Bremerton!
http://youtu.be/5aKYIvFBq9E There's few finer things to see in Puget Sound than a bunch of orca whales. On Friday afternoon, k...
- Dispatches: 6 developing stories in downtown Bremerton
- For his final years, a roof over Billy’s head in Bremerton
Van Dyken Rouen back in broadcast booth
Six-time Olympic champion Amy Van Dyken Rouen made her return to the broadcast booth on Friday when she called the...
- Adrian edged by Fratus in 50 free finals in Austin
- Adrian wins 100 free at Arena Pro Swim Series at Austin
J pod killer whales still making the rounds, mostly up to the
UPDATE, Jan. 30, 2 p.m. K pod was in Rich Passage and heading toward Bremerton when I talked to Brad...
- County officials identify 18 problem boats; three considered ‘derelict’
- Amusing Monday: You can lead a horse to water, but watch out
Ferries get in on Seahawks mania
In honor of the Seattle Seahawks reaching the Super Bowl again, I’m changing my name to Ed Friedhawk for this...
- Ferry ridership rebounding
- Misconceptions about the possible Seahawks fast ferry trip
Bainbridge mountain bike coach won’t survive his
Jay Abbott Jay Abbott, the Bainbridge mountain bike coach who suffered a debilitating crash on Sunday, won't survive his injuries,...
- Price nailed down for more than half of Grovers Creek Preserve
- A sunny day at the best park you can’t visit
Sinclair Inlet barges must pay for where they stay
The in basket: Gerry Devenpeck wrote to say, "I was driving through Gorst on Highway 3 this morning and looked...
- Bayshore left-turn lane on Bucklin Hill Road is hard to see
- All you’d want to know about ‘wattles’
Angel optimistic about keeping teachers’ COLA in budget
Sen. Jan Angel, D-Port Orchard, was one of several local (Kitsap and Mason County) legislators who responded to my request...
- Your Washington electeds respond to State of the Union
- What are your plans for the State of the Union?
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Charlie Pierce writes about the Deflatriots
Charlie Pierce might be my favorite writer. He writes about politics and other issues for Esquire.com. He also writes for...
- Quick hits from the desert: Troy Kelly, Joey Dean, Seahawks, questions & more
- Some Super Bowl storylines
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #85: Leading Lines ROUND 1
Okay so I feel like I need to reiterate what I'm looking for when I say Leading Lines. "Leading lines...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #85: Leading Lines
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #84: Favorite Photo of 2014: STAND-OUTS
Presidential Proclamation and Video for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
President Obama issued a Presidential Proclamation and posted a video, about Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015. The proclamation is...
- Two Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebrations
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide
Arnold’s ‘Fat Kid’ film makes another festival stop
The indie film “Fat Kid Rules the World,” which co-stars Bainbridge Island’s Dylan Arnold, has taken an unorthodox approach to...
- ‘Summerplay’ 2012 will feature a half dozen new one-acts
- Film director Lynn Shelton visits Rose Theatre