Cherry Boy — or — a Sweet and Bawdy Tale that Ed McDonald, 78,
Swears is True
The USS Lexington disembarked in Bremerton and already the mission had been decided: Ed McDonald's shipmates would march him...
- Rise of the robocall machines
- Chat with the Bainbridge Police Chief
Videos candidates Christensen, Donlin up at Kitsap Sun
Clancy Donlin, candidate for the at-large position on the Port Orchard City Council, and write-in candidate Bill Christensen, who joined...
- PO candidates can’t give back realtors’ contributions
- Kingston residents can learn about road projects, local programs at upcoming meetings
North Kitsap volleyball remains among 2A best in state
The North Kitsap Vikings are ranked sixth in the latest statewide volleyball poll for Class 2A. The rankings are compiled...
- Top performers of the week
- Here are your Friday night football updates
Amusing Monday: Cartoon characters tell a story about the
Elements — the basic building blocks of chemistry — come alive in cartoon characters created by Kaycie Dunlap, who created...
- Carl Safina explores animal culture plus orca-salmon links
- Kitsap precipitation nearly normal during the past water year
An abundance of asbestos: why the old East High hasn’t come
Shame the producers of a SyFy zombie drama did not stick around Bremerton after filming aboard the USS Turner...
- What’s with the big wide turn, Bremerton ferry?
- The treasures of gardening in the city
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #94: Autumn
It is time for the annual Autumn/Fall themed photo challenge! So your challenge, if you choose to accept it of...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #93: Wildlife STAND-OUTS
- FRAMES~From The Archives: Little Hobo Parade, cigarette machine in the lunchroom, a dead cat(?) and more from 1968
Hear from your City Council candidates
City Council candidates Pegeen Mulhern and Ron Peltier met with the Kitsap Sun Editorial Board earlier this week to...
- Push to end corporate campaign funding comes to Bainbridge
- Work on Wyatt Hill subdivision begins
Give a listen to the Washington State Parks jingle
Here's an advance listen to the new official jingle commissioned for Washington State Parks. Expect to hear it as...
- Ask your doctor if Nature is right for you
- The three fastest journalists in Kitsap
Joe Kennedy Teaches Us to Submit , God Gets the Glory
The multi issue sides of the debate this past week of Bremerton HS Football Coach Joe Kennedy praying turned out...
- Happy Birthday America
- Flag Day
Women’s Equality Day – Remembering and Moving Forward
Women’s Equality Day is August 26th Women’s Equality Day was designated as August 26th via a Joint Resolution of Congress...
- Marriage Equality – Kitsap County Joins the Nation in Celebration
- It’s LGBT Pride Month!
Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow
One thing I did when I went in and told my boss, Kitsap Sun Editor David Nelson, that I was...
- Bold prediction alert: Trump won’t win
- Request to block initiative 1366 goes before King County judge on Friday
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide