Myhre’s becomes a campaign issue
Flames of speculation about Mansour Samadpour’s political leanings and plans for the Myhre's building were fanned by the recent circulation...
- Videos candidates Christensen, Donlin up at Kitsap Sun
- PO candidates can’t give back realtors’ contributions
Holiday hiring to hold steady despite retail rebound
Kitsap County employers will hire about 420 workers for the holiday season, according to a state estimate. That would put holiday hiring down...
- Harrison reaches agreement with First Choice Health
- ‘Severe’ shortage ahead for Kitsap home market
Gov. Inslee yields on cancer risk, pushes new water-quality
Gov. Jay Inslee has given in to critics who argued that the state’s updated water-quality standards should not increase the...
- A quiz, based on the new ‘Puget Sound Fact Book’
- Amusing Monday: Cartoon characters tell a story about the elements
Behind the scenes at Bremerton’s symphony
STORY WALK: Back Stage Pass at Bremerton's Symphony What: Join Reporter Josh Farley Friday, Oct. 9 at 6:30 p.m. for...
- IN PHOTOS: Bremerton then and now
- An abundance of asbestos: why the old East High hasn’t come down
Week 6 of the Fearless Football Forecast
This week’s guest picker is former SK football coach D.J. Sigurdson. Last week’s guest picker, Dan Dittmer went 9-1. This...
- Central Kitsap, Crosspoint ranked in state cross country poll
- Girls Soccer: Thoughts at the mid-way point
Cherry Boy — or — a Sweet and Bawdy Tale that Ed McDonald, 78,
Swears is True
The USS Lexington disembarked in Bremerton and already the mission had been decided: Ed McDonald's shipmates would march him...
- Rise of the robocall machines
- Chat with the Bainbridge Police Chief
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #94: Autumn
It is time for the annual Autumn/Fall themed photo challenge! So your challenge, if you choose to accept it of...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #93: Wildlife STAND-OUTS
- FRAMES~From The Archives: Little Hobo Parade, cigarette machine in the lunchroom, a dead cat(?) and more from 1968
Hear from your City Council candidates
City Council candidates Pegeen Mulhern and Ron Peltier met with the Kitsap Sun Editorial Board earlier this week to...
- Push to end corporate campaign funding comes to Bainbridge
- Work on Wyatt Hill subdivision begins
Give a listen to the Washington State Parks jingle
Here's an advance listen to the new official jingle commissioned for Washington State Parks. Expect to hear it as...
- Ask your doctor if Nature is right for you
- The three fastest journalists in Kitsap
Joe Kennedy Teaches Us to Submit , God Gets the Glory
The multi issue sides of the debate this past week of Bremerton HS Football Coach Joe Kennedy praying turned out...
- Happy Birthday America
- Flag Day
Women’s Equality Day – Remembering and Moving Forward
Women’s Equality Day is August 26th Women’s Equality Day was designated as August 26th via a Joint Resolution of Congress...
- Marriage Equality – Kitsap County Joins the Nation in Celebration
- It’s LGBT Pride Month!
Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow
One thing I did when I went in and told my boss, Kitsap Sun Editor David Nelson, that I was...
- Bold prediction alert: Trump won’t win
- Request to block initiative 1366 goes before King County judge on Friday
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide