State roundup: SK baseball reaches title game
It could be the busiest prep sports day of the year with baseball, softball, boys soccer, track and field and...
- Klahowya hires girls basketball coach
- Softball: Three to state, Olympic, Central Kitsap, Bainbridge
Water cleanup program will forego grants, reorganize for
After much success in cleaning up streams in Kitsap County, pollution investigators for the Kitsap Public Health District plan to...
- EPA clarifies federal jurisdiction over streams and wetlands of the U.S.
- Orca-tracking project ends for this year when satellite tag falls off
Ruined Illahee Road guard rail worked as intended
The in basket: Yvonne Dean wondered if I knew what hit the guardrail on Illahee Road just downhill from Fischer...
- No Parking warnings sprouting on Highway 16
- Stream of departing shipyard pedestrians make drivers sweat
Bainbridge actress’ ‘Barely Lethal’ on screen May 29
The new film featuring Bainbridge Island's Dove Cameron, "Barely Lethal," opens in limited theatrical release and on-demand video on May...
- Bainbridge venue reveals summer concert lineup
- Folks flock to ‘Mary Poppins’ in the forest
Felon arrested by deputy watching from inside Jack in the
A crafty Kitsap sheriff’s deputy, watching from inside the Silverdale Jack-in-the-Box drive-thru at 3 a.m. for suspects in a...
- Is there a new law protecting dogs in cars? Yes. Yes, there is
- Man who pleaded to L & I fraud for BMX racing says there is another side to the story
Giving offense an official stamp
We've had conversations about offensive words and phrases here before. This On the Media segment offered what I thought was...
- Sheldon goes after teachers, Democrats go after Sheldon for skipping work
- When best to avoid an election
FRAMES: A few scenes from a 1975 box of negatives
I've started scanning a new box of negatives from 1975 so here is the first batch of scans. Remember, the only...
- FRAMES: From the Archives: 1973: Friday the 13th., giant tube on car, people who work at night and more.
- FRAMES: From The Archives -1973: an impressive cardboard fort, a giant meteorite, the Pepsi plant and more.
Anderson Point Park opens today
Anderson Point Park's nearly five-year-long closure came to an end this morning. The South Kitsap park had been closed...
- Looking back on 35 years of volcano watching
- Bainbridge falls to Port Angeles in ‘Best Towns’ competition
Ferries fares and how they’re faring
The state Transportation Commission will be talking ferry fare increases during its monthly meeting Tuesday in Olympia. Generally, there’s a...
- New ramp meters being added near JBLM
- One special session probably not enough for Legislature
Links, tweets, Kitsap news and college updates
LINKS Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press has an interesting take on the NFL's handling of Deflategate and takes the...
- Mariners come home in last place; is it time to panic?
- Softball collegians: Kinney, Buss getting it done at Linfield
Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act and Some
I am not sure Gov. Mike Pence and the state of Indiana expected quite the outcry when they passed and...
- Presidential Proclamation and Video for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015
- Two Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebrations
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide