Manhattan Transfer revving up for … Bremerton
I just got off the phone with Manhattan Transfer songbird Cheryl Bentyne, a Northwest native (born and raised in Mt....
- Homegrown tragicomedy and really good curry: Must be a night in Port Townsend
- Real Deal Movies
Killer whale tagging and acoustic studies provide increasing
L-84, a 25-year-old male orca named Nyssa, has been carrying a satellite transmitter for more than two months now, allowing...
- Amusing Monday: Film students find creativity in eco-comedy videos
- Rainfall and aquifers keep drought away from the Kitsap Peninsula
Who’s your Kitsap Sun athlete of the year?
Every year, the Kitsap Sun selects a boys athlete of the year, girls athlete of the year and coach of...
- Bainbridge, CK, NK ranked in boys soccer poll
- Latest baseball rankings still have Klahowya No. 1
New garbage, recycling trucks to have several benefits
The in basket: Tasha Davis used e-mail in early April to tell me about an incident on Highway 3 near...
- New stores will worsen Greaves/Old Frontier, reader predicts
- Bucklin-Randall left turn gets blocked
Kitsap Sun brings Pacific Crest Trail documentary to
Do More With Less | Trailer from Do More With Less on Vimeo. The Kitsap Sun is bringing the...
- “Glamping” on the rise at Washington State Parks
- Yep, Anderson Point Park is still closed
In all fairness, Narrows tolls should be slashed
Larry Seaquist, the former state rep from Gig Harbor, says Tacoma Narrows Bridge tolls should be one-fourth of what they...
- Boss takes another swing at Narrows Bridge reserve fund
- Bryan turning over Clipper Navigation reins
FRAMES: From The Archives- Star Wars, Fashion, Van Boogie (?) and
This week's melange of frames from 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971 and 1977 features a little bit of everything... We've got...
- FRAMES: From The Archives: A 1973 box of negatives
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #88: Springtime
Poulsbo osprey return, set up home on their new platform
A osprey takes flight Monday from its new nesting platform at Strawberry Fields in Poulsbo. A pair of osprey have...
- An unsympathetic autobiography from a Klahowya grad
- Bullying: A parents’ resource guide
Tough break for Drew Vettleson
Central Kitsap grad Drew Vettleson, a former first-round pick of the Tampa Bay Rays, missed eight weeks a year ago...
- Big weekends for Curtis Wildung, Riley McKean & more updates on local collegians
- Gold Mountain alums doing OK in the Masters
Solved: The mystery of the Highway 16 dancer
A 33-year-old man was charged Friday with possession of meth after Washington State Patrol troopers investigated a report of...
- Deliberations begin in Kingston man’s second trial for shaking death of baby daughter
- Mystery helicopters most likely not the Easter bunny, United Nations
Is Brad Owen considering retirement?
Lt. Gov. Brad Owen speaks at a salmon tasting in Taiwan.KING-5 TV has some pretty strong evidence that Lt. Gov....
- Updated — Solid reasons to give a Bush-Clinton contest the edge
- Updated — Chinese flag on Washington capitol campus
OAC sending nine to Far Westerns
Olympic Aquatic Club qualified nine swimmers to the Speedo Short Course Far Westerns this week in Morgan Hill, California. The...
- BISC’s Markow sets club record at OAC March Madness meet
- Bainbridge dive club brings back ribbons from Boise
Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act and Some
I am not sure Gov. Mike Pence and the state of Indiana expected quite the outcry when they passed and...
- Presidential Proclamation and Video for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015
- Two Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebrations
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide