March 6, 2015 front page
All stories can be found at the Kitsap Sun website and the police blotter is on this blog.
- Leash ordinance changes will likely be discussed next study session
- Third site lands on list for new police station
Crosspoint opens state B Thursday
One of the best rituals in Spokane, besides Bloomsday, is the State B tournament. It's the city's chance to put...
- State Hoops: Olympic facing big challenge in Squalicum
- WIAA responds over regional basketball controversy
A proud history of women on two wheels
It's a machine for transportation and recreation, but to hear Susan B. Anthony describe it, the bicycle is also...
- First look at Olympic National Park’s re-opened Pyramid Peak
- Olympic National Park draws more visitors but sinks in annual ranking
Adele Ferguson’s shoes
Doing an interview during the 1950s. Contributed photo / Secretary of State’s Office. Copyright 2015 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights...
- Training on government transparency offered by state auditor
- Petro money in the Kitsap Caucus
FRAMES: Photo of the day: Skittish Seagulls
As a photographer, you just know when a curious youngster meets a flock of seagulls in the park that it...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #86: Food and/or Drink STAND-OUTS
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #86: Food and/or Drink ROUND 1
The argument: multi-sports athletes vs. one-sports
This isn't anything knew, but it's a good reminder about a topic that seems to pop up all of the...
- Golf notes: Seattle Golf Show, Snorting Elk, Free golf, U.S. Open practice round tickets & more
- Links: The selling of ‘Beast Mode’ & Shaq & Tark & More
Video of new orca baby shows swimming, tail-lobbing with
I admit I'm little late to the party, since this video was posted on NOAA's Facebook page three days ago.,...
- Amusing Monday: Art contest features beautiful duck portraits
- Spotting newborn orca increases success of ocean research cruise
ADA makes provisions for miniature horses as service
Today we're reporting on a guide dog in training at Green Mountain Elementary School that called on Central Kitsap School...
- Here’s a map of the revised Phillips Road ULID
- Poulsbo parks board gives bike track, softball field thumbs up for Little Valley Ball Field
Aggressive human jailed in row over hot dog
One woman got punched in the head, twice, another got grabbed by the throat and had claw marks...
- First person shooter: Scenario training helps cops prepare for high-pressure encounters
- The great Puget Sound Energy swindle … explained
Van Dyken Rouen back in broadcast booth
Six-time Olympic champion Amy Van Dyken Rouen made her return to the broadcast booth on Friday when she called the...
- Adrian edged by Fratus in 50 free finals in Austin
- Adrian wins 100 free at Arena Pro Swim Series at Austin
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Presidential Proclamation and Video for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
President Obama issued a Presidential Proclamation and posted a video, about Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015. The proclamation is...
- Two Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebrations
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide
Arnold’s ‘Fat Kid’ film makes another festival stop
The indie film “Fat Kid Rules the World,” which co-stars Bainbridge Island’s Dylan Arnold, has taken an unorthodox approach to...
- ‘Summerplay’ 2012 will feature a half dozen new one-acts
- Film director Lynn Shelton visits Rose Theatre