The Moneyball/politics intersection
This is what the county commissioner election map looks like. Thanks to Jessie Palmer for compiling this info. Click on...
- Two local House races watched by state for potential recount
- Local politicos predict tonight’s results and political future
Young Kerns breaks 40-year-old Bremerton Y records
Brendan Kerns, 10, who swims for the Bremerton YMCA Swim Team set his 17th and 18th team records at the...
- Adrian, Ledecky highlight winter nationals
- Bremerton’s Adrian completes freestyle sweep at Arena GP
Sherman, Baldwin mock the NFL
Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin mocked the NFL's player policies and took the league to task for making players play...
- Get ready for a Thanksgiving treat: Hawks vs. Niners
- What some are tweeting after Husky loss
Bainbridge Island police blotter, Nov. 26
The following items were taken from Bainbridge Island Police Department incident reports by reporter Ethan Fowler. For more blotter, visit bainbridgeislander.com and...
- Bainbridge Island police blotter, Nov. 19
- Remembering the great Bainbridge Grange riot of 1964
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #83: Frame Within The Frame ROUND
How are those Frame Within The Frame photos coming? Deadline is still Monday, December 8th. and a recap of the...
- FRAMES: Photo Of The Day: Fall Silhouette
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #83: Frame Within The Frame
Amusing Monday: Actors lend their voices to ‘Nature is
The environmental group Conservation International has a message to share: “Nature doesn’t need people. People need Nature.” Celebrity voices —...
- Virus connected to sea star wasting syndrome, but questions remain
- Computer model shows colorful swirls as winds blow carbon dioxide
Kitsap doubles up on state soccer championships
Kitsap doesn't win a lot of state soccer titles, but it won two on Sunday. Klahowya won the Class 1A...
- All-Olympic League cross country team
- State girls soccer: Klahowya, Crosspoint reach finals
Stream of buses leaving Woodward school a problem – until it
The in basket: A couple I know mentioned at a recent social function that they'd seen something upsetting on Bainbridge...
- Car prowls in Seattle get short shrift compared to here
- Traffic patrols in unmarked cars are legal, say local officers
Transgender Day of Remembrance
Transgender Day of Remembrance is commemorated on November 20th each year as a day to remember the transgender folks who...
- The 24th Annual Kitsap County Human Rights Conference
- Missing Robin Williams
Humane society expands feral cat trap-neuter-return program to Port
In February 2013, the Kitsap Humane society launched a program to reduce the feral cat population in Bremerton. KHS calls...
- Does hip hop count as PE?
- Student bullied for speech impediment takes a stand
Forest Service backs off photo fee for press
In this Oregon Public Broadcasting photo, journalist Andy Maser, right, photographs cavers in the Mount Hood Wilderness for an episode...
- Bainbridge ski swap is this weekend
- Poulsbo’s beer boys take it all off for Kitsap trails
When it comes to murder, it’s all about who you know
Marc Chagall, Cain et Abel, 1960 For getting jobs, getting into college and getting murdered, it all depends on...
- They called him Lee: The glorious life and strange death of Leon Shaw
- The neighbor from Hell
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide
Arnold’s ‘Fat Kid’ film makes another festival stop
The indie film “Fat Kid Rules the World,” which co-stars Bainbridge Island’s Dylan Arnold, has taken an unorthodox approach to...
- ‘Summerplay’ 2012 will feature a half dozen new one-acts
- Film director Lynn Shelton visits Rose Theatre