Rest areas on Highway 16 not likely
The in basket: After a recent Road Warrior column discussed the scant use of the weigh stations on Highway 16,...
- 2017 repaving on Highway 303 won’t include bridge
- Almira’s jog at Riddell Road confuses right of way issues
Amusing Monday: Opinions diverge on Super Bowl
Did you enjoy this year’s Super Bowl commercials? Maybe it is just my personal taste, but I don’t believe they...
- Understanding disease as a major ecological force
- Amusing Monday: Fighting climate change with a silly school play
NFL’s golden football arrives in Bremerton (and Port
The NFL, in honor of 50 Super Bowls, is sending out golden footballs to every high school that produced a...
- Chief Kitsap Academy playing first playoff game
- Another state bowling title for Kitsap
Parkland Profiles: Sinclair Inlet Wildlife Viewing Area
Hundreds of drivers whiz by a large waterfront park at the head of Sinclair Inlet, but few know it's there,...
- Record year for national park visitation, but not quite for Olympic
- Time for a little (bird) house cleaning
Harrison sees big increase in ER visits
Harrison Medical Center ER Visits Create column charts Harrison Medical Center has seen a steep increase in ER visits at a...
- Concentrix files official layoff notice with state
- Hitchcock pizzeria expanding to old Winslow hardware
FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1965-66: captive orcas, Navy open house,
the cost of education and more!
I still have plenty of 1980's negatives to share but today we are moving on to a box of 1965-1965...
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1980: Mariners clinic, dog obedience class, Susan B Anthony at the post office and more!
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1980: A smiley bank robber, ferry strikes, BPD’s “secret weapon” and more!
Quincy Jones still speaks fondly of his Bremerton roots
Jones on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. You can make a convincing argument that Quincy Jones is the biggest...
- Beat Blast: 5 things to know in Bremerton this week
- Mayor’s ‘Move to Bremerton’ campaign up and running
Full FEMA earthquake risk report for Kitsap County
After publishing our series on Kitsap's earthquake risk last month and a recent followup story, we’ve had several requests...
- On the education beat: Jan. 28, 2016
- Banana Hammock still hanging in there
Paradise postpones Gig Harbor re-opening
Paradise Theatre's production of "Nunsense" — its first show since moving to its new downtown Gig Harbor location — has...
- Indianola’s Sterling wins CVG ‘Best of Show’ honors
- Jewel Box pushes back ‘Arsenic and Old Lace’ opening
Ferry’s iron man award goes to MV Sealth
The ferry Sealth received the equivalent of Washington State Ferries' Fleet Achievement Award as the most reliable boat in the...
- Republican wants flags off ferries, especially rainbow ones
- Ferry workers are Washingtonians of the Day
Solved: The mystery of the missing trampoline
An uproar on a local Facebook page over a trampoline that went missing last week resulted in the trampoline...
- If a suspect confesses, why do they plead ‘not guilty?’
- Local prosecutors support death penalty referendum
Adrian sweeps sprint free events at Arena Pro Swim in
Nathan Adrian won the 50-meter freestyle Saturday at the Arena Pro Swim Series event in Austin, Texas, giving him the...
- Bremerton’s Adrian wins 100 free at Arena Series in Austin
- Adrian headed to Austin later this week for Arena Pro Swim Series
Belgians have Wit, the world’s best fries and more
Belgium is very unique in many ways. This culturally diverse country has three languages, 150 breweries making thousands of unusual...
- Walla Walla will be on the West Side of the Mountains
- The Best Bottles of 2015 Report
Celebrate Rev Martin Luther King, Jr.
American Minute with Bill Federer "Let us not...satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness...
- George W Carver George W. Carver-“where a religion of hate, (which poisons both body & soul) will be unknown
- Coach Kennedy Once Again , Human Rights and Human Wrongs
Holiday Lunch a Success
Many thanks to those who attended our meet and greet holiday lunch with elected officials on Dec. 3 at Ambrosia...
- PDC Chair To Speak at Money in Politics Meeting
- Public Invited to Nov. 19 Meeting on Money in Politics
Local Human Rights/Diversity Happenings
December 4th was a milestone in the history of human rights in Kitsap County – It was the 25th...
- Women’s Equality Day – Remembering and Moving Forward
- Marriage Equality – Kitsap County Joins the Nation in Celebration
Hear from your City Council candidates
City Council candidates Pegeen Mulhern and Ron Peltier met with the Kitsap Sun Editorial Board earlier this week to...
- Push to end corporate campaign funding comes to Bainbridge
- Work on Wyatt Hill subdivision begins
Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow
One thing I did when I went in and told my boss, Kitsap Sun Editor David Nelson, that I was...
- Bold prediction alert: Trump won’t win
- Request to block initiative 1366 goes before King County judge on Friday
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide