Week 8 high school football scores
FRIDAY'S GAMES Bremerton 40, Kingston 6: Final (Story) Bremerton took control of its playoff destiny Friday with a 40-6 win...
- Klahowya’s Zuber to be honored at Seahawks game
- North Kitsap stays at No. 7 in latest AP state football poll
Minimum wage initiative would affect thousands of Kitsap
A minimum wage initiative on the Nov. 8 ballot could boost pay for thousands of low-wage Kitsap County workers, according to analysis by...
- Developer shares plans for Rolling Bay project
- Harrison Port Orchard Urgent Care cutting late night hours
Firefighters carry the weight of the community
I don't think there's a nice way to put this. So here goes: The weight of the community has...
- Beat blast: Coffee anniversary, fast ferries and a barrel-shaped gym
- Fall storm overhype? Better safe than sorry
Hood Canal awards honor local efforts to improve
Mike Anderson, chairman of the Skokomish Watershed Action Team, and Thom Johnson, a leading expert in the recovery of Hood...
- Amusing Monday: The evolution and danger of packaging drinks by six
- Orcas starting to follow chum salmon into Central Puget Sound
FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1961-62: women working New Years, Kahn’s
store, OC basketball and more!
Finishing up the posting of images from a small box of 1961-62 negatives. A few images found: Women working New...
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1983: SK Bed Races, Roosevelt Field demo, Elvin Bishop and MORE!
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1988: a bran photo illustration, school dedications AND MORE!
Road work sign blocked view from driveway
The in basket: Phil Hunter of Glenwood Road in South Kitsap says, “The other day when leaving (home) there was...
- How strong must winds be to close Narrows bridges?
- How pending changes will help at Fairgrounds and Central Valley
Port adds covered pavilion to Port Orchard waterfront
The Port of Bremerton is nearly finished building a covered pavilion overlooking Sinclair Inlet at its Port Orchard Marina Park....
- NKSD board reaches out with monthly newsletter
- City to ring chimes for law firm turning 100
Adrian nominated for three Golden Goggles, including male athlete
of the year
Nathan Adrian of Bremerton with his bronze medal after the men's 100m freestyle final in the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic...
- Nathan Adrian back in area for Swim Across America
- Nathan Adrian given hero’s welcome in Bremerton
OHS musicians will be part of Admiral’s ‘In My Life’
There'll be not one, but two quartets on stage when the show "In My Life — A Musical Theatre Tribute...
- Kitsap-bred playwright’s work gets staged reading in Seattle
- Sylvie Davidson does Village Theatre song-and-dance
Ferry system launches student drawing contest
The Washington state ferry Tacoma sits at Colman Dock in Seattle. LARRY STEAGALL / KITSAP SUN In recognition of...
- Labor Day Weekend ferries will be hopping
- Ferry ridership up, but what if there hadn’t been fare increases
Paddling Puget Sound in a S’Klallam canoe
Each summer, northwest tribes paddle canoes to a gathering point in Washington or British Columbia, visiting other tribal communities along the way....
- Protection Island Adventures: Cannibal gulls, boat trouble & my Pulitzer-winning rescuer
- See Enchanted Valley Chalet while you still can
‘Receipts’ now available to show debt to society has been
Tarra Simmons and Superior Court Judge Melissa Hemstreet In hopes of learning the process so she can help other people...
- Why don’t people leave their meth at home before they go shoplifting?
- Teacher on leave returns to JeffCo classroom after threatening to kill administrator
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday