FRAMES: A few scenes from a 1975 box of negatives
I've started scanning a new box of negatives from 1975 so here is the first batch of scans. Remember, the only...
- FRAMES: From the Archives: 1973: Friday the 13th., giant tube on car, people who work at night and more.
- FRAMES: From The Archives -1973: an impressive cardboard fort, a giant meteorite, the Pepsi plant and more.
Jewel Box lightens up with ‘Cake War’
After two pretty weighty shows — the thoughtful dramedy "Over the River and Through the Woods" last winter and the...
- ‘Mary Poppins’ will look different in the forest
- Admiral’s Dan Hicks and The Hot Licks show cancelled
Stream of departing shipyard pedestrians make drivers
The in basket: Elissa Torgeson of Bremerton writes, "We really need a crosswalk light Steady pedestrian traffic out of the...
- Parking changes coming to Bremerton’s 11th Street
- Walker hopes for a Werner Road sidewalk
Anderson Point Park opens today
Anderson Point Park's nearly five-year-long closure came to an end this morning. The South Kitsap park had been closed...
- Looking back on 35 years of volcano watching
- Bainbridge falls to Port Angeles in ‘Best Towns’ competition
Sea-floor mining brings deep concerns about environmental
A couple weeks ago, I wrote about a a new deep-sea observatory being built off the West Coast. I noted...
- Amusing Monday: If you fish long enough, you are bound to get a little wet
- We know pollen helps seed the trees — but what about clouds?
Sheldon goes after teachers, Democrats go after Sheldon for
In competing press releases sent out on Tuesday Tim Sheldon takes teachers to task for missing work for a strike...
- When best to avoid an election
- Bremerton could sever its coordinating council ties
Is there a new law protecting dogs in cars? Yes. Yes, there
Last week Gov. Jay Inslee signed a measure making it a civil violation to leave a dog in...
- Man who pleaded to L & I fraud for BMX racing says there is another side to the story
- Pierce County prosecutors: No charges in Shaw death because woman was escaping sexual assault
Ferries fares and how they’re faring
The state Transportation Commission will be talking ferry fare increases during its monthly meeting Tuesday in Olympia. Generally, there’s a...
- New ramp meters being added near JBLM
- One special session probably not enough for Legislature
Links, tweets, Kitsap news and college updates
LINKS Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press has an interesting take on the NFL's handling of Deflategate and takes the...
- Mariners come home in last place; is it time to panic?
- Softball collegians: Kinney, Buss getting it done at Linfield
Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act and Some
I am not sure Gov. Mike Pence and the state of Indiana expected quite the outcry when they passed and...
- Presidential Proclamation and Video for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015
- Two Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebrations
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide