National LOI signing day quickly approaching
National Letter of Intent signing day is just around the corner. On Wednesday, Feb. 4, high school athletes — mostly...
- SK’s Mud Bowl revisited
- South Kitsap equestrian team beginning competition
For his final years, a roof over Billy’s head in
Billy Langham When William Langham finally got a roof over his head, it took time for him to adjust to it....
- IN PHOTOS: Redwood rendezvous in Bremerton
- Happy 93rd birthday, Bob Montgomery!
Angel optimistic about keeping teachers’ COLA in budget
Sen. Jan Angel, D-Port Orchard, was one of several local (Kitsap and Mason County) legislators who responded to my request...
- Your Washington electeds respond to State of the Union
- What are your plans for the State of the Union?
Price nailed down for more than half of Grovers Creek
Pope Resources has agreed to a sale price for a 175-acre portion of the planned Grovers Creek Preserve in...
- A sunny day at the best park you can’t visit
- Body of missing Olympic National Park hiker found in Elwha Valley
Amusing Monday: You can lead a horse to water, but watch
Horses can be fairly unpredictable around water, as I learned while scanning through videos of horses splashing in streams, falling...
- New orca baby doing well, closely linked to 43-year-old female
- Culvert replacement costs loom as a budget problem for lawmakers
Bayshore left-turn lane on Bucklin Hill Road is hard to
The in basket: Rosemary Crow e-mailed to say, "The crosswalk signs on Central Valley Road near Fairview school have yellow...
- All you’d want to know about ‘wattles’
- Pacific’s pervious pavement panned
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Ferry ridership rebounding
Washington State Ferries ridership has bottomed out and is headed back up. The agency on Friday released numbers that showed...
- Misconceptions about the possible Seahawks fast ferry trip
- Which ferry to take to Seahawks game
Four candidates vie for Poulsbo City Council seat
Poulsbo City Councilwoman Linda Berry-Maraist announced her resignation in December. She was an advocate for the city's parks and area...
- More to the Raspberry Pi story
- Investigation of alleged bullying unrelated to Canton’s resignation, superintendent says
Charlie Pierce writes about the Deflatriots
Charlie Pierce might be my favorite writer. He writes about politics and other issues for Esquire.com. He also writes for...
- Quick hits from the desert: Troy Kelly, Joey Dean, Seahawks, questions & more
- Some Super Bowl storylines
Agate Pass Bridge down to one lane for three weeks
Agate Pass Bridge will be down to one lane for 21 days starting Feb. 9 for cleaning and inspection....
- Housing, hotel, rooftop restaurant coming to Lynwood Center
- Council narrows site options for police headquarters
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #85: Leading Lines ROUND 1
Okay so I feel like I need to reiterate what I'm looking for when I say Leading Lines. "Leading lines...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #85: Leading Lines
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #84: Favorite Photo of 2014: STAND-OUTS
Presidential Proclamation and Video for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
President Obama issued a Presidential Proclamation and posted a video, about Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2015. The proclamation is...
- Two Local Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebrations
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
Adrian edged by Fratus in 50 free finals in Austin
Brazil’s Bruno Fratus edged Nathan Adrian of Bremerton in the finals of the 50-meter freestyle Friday at the Arena Pro...
- Adrian wins 100 free at Arena Pro Swim Series at Austin
- Ex-Dolphins player survives fall in ocean after 9 mile swim to shore
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide
Arnold’s ‘Fat Kid’ film makes another festival stop
The indie film “Fat Kid Rules the World,” which co-stars Bainbridge Island’s Dylan Arnold, has taken an unorthodox approach to...
- ‘Summerplay’ 2012 will feature a half dozen new one-acts
- Film director Lynn Shelton visits Rose Theatre