FRAMES: Photo Challenge #84: Your Favorite Photo of 2014
December is winding down, as is 2014, which means It is time for Larry and I to start picking our...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #83: Frame Within The Frame STAND-OUTS
- FRAMES: Photo of the Day: Poulsbo Julefest
Proposal would make Supreme Court race partisan
State Rep. Sherry Appleton, D-Poulsbo, has signed onto a measure to make the race for state Supreme Court partisan, just...
- Anonymous Seahawk buys Kevlar vest for Mason Co. Sheriff’s dog
- PDC to investigate allegation from prosecutor primary
Kilmer attacks the CRomnibus rider
If you paid attention to stories about the budget Congress just passed, a budget that gave us the term "CRomnibus,"...
- Couture rethinks his GOP exit; takes charge in Mason County
- Kitsap’s state senators assume leadership roles
Time’s running out to comment on Olympic National Park fee
Less than two weeks remain to comment on Olympic National Park's proposal to substantially increase fees next year. Here's a...
- Outdoor groups oppose photo and filming restrictions
- Did the county get a good price for Place of the Bear?
Schaaf helped women win the fight for equality in
Bremerton's Bree Schaaf might be retired from bobsledding, but the 2010 Olympian helped pave the way for women to drive...
- Hammel thrilled to be back in the Windy City; Dunn, Haas, Locker & more
- Marshawn link; Mariners lineup; Kitsap’s Umpqua connection rolling
PO council reappoints Putaansuu to transit board
Port Orchard City Councilman Rob Putaansuu, who was replaced on the Kitsap Transit board Tuesday morning, was reappointed to the...
- School discipline a hot topic, no quick fix
- Humane society expands feral cat trap-neuter-return program to Port Orchard
Five big projects planned for the Skokomish River
The Army Corps of Engineers is moving forward on a $40-million restoration program along the Skokomish River, as I mentioned...
- Amusing Monday: Water ‘towers’ combine art with lighting technology
- Skokomish River gets special attention in salmon funding
Bethel Avenue work in 2015 to be done where it will last
The in basket: For what I'm sure is a lot interest in when Bethel Road in South Kitsap will be...
- New Silverdale restaurant access worries reader
- Airporter for Bainbridge is an uphill fight
Wolfe named transit vice-chairman
Changes are coming to the Kitsap Transit board next year. Ed Wolfe, in his first meeting of any type as...
- Inslee announcing transportation revenue proposal Tuesday
- Last time the Hood Canal Bridge sank, it was gusting 120 mph
Thank you for the good memories
, Today was my last day working as a Kitsap Sun regular contributor. After 21 years as a newspaper journalist...
- Bainbridge Island police blotter, Nov. 26; UPDATED
- Bainbridge Island police blotter, Nov. 19
Transgender Day of Remembrance
Transgender Day of Remembrance is commemorated on November 20th each year as a day to remember the transgender folks who...
- The 24th Annual Kitsap County Human Rights Conference
- Missing Robin Williams
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide
Arnold’s ‘Fat Kid’ film makes another festival stop
The indie film “Fat Kid Rules the World,” which co-stars Bainbridge Island’s Dylan Arnold, has taken an unorthodox approach to...
- ‘Summerplay’ 2012 will feature a half dozen new one-acts
- Film director Lynn Shelton visits Rose Theatre