Fundraising falling short for Illahee Preserve expansion
The campaign to expand Illahee Preserve Heritage Park is running out of time. Unless about $330,000 is raised in...
- National park ranger to staff Bainbridge site
- Anderson Point Park opens today
Amusing Monday: Bears, birds and more can be viewed live
The beautiful and powerful brown bears have arrived at Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park and Preserve in Alaska, and...
- Federal Land and Water Conservation Fund gets tangled in politics
- Amusing Monday: Puppet, music help people save rockfish
Beaning, base-running blunders, tough year for Cano
A day after getting beaned with an errant throw while sitting in the dugout, Robinson Cano had another tough day....
- What they’re writing, saying about the U.S. Open, Chambers Bay
- Does Chambers Bay deserve another chance to host a major?
Marriage Equality – Kitsap County Joins the Nation in
While there is more work to do on many levels, today’s history making Supreme Court decision is worth celebrating. In...
- It’s LGBT Pride Month!
- Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act and Some Consequences
Awaiting more of that fresh, tar smell in Silverdale
You have a week left to give a farewell to those pipes we all love under the Bucklin Hill bridge....
- Peninsular Interning: The best of Kitsap
- Online fundraising used to help Bremerton, Kingston families
Edgewood Villa fire: what you can do to help
A devastating fire ripped through one of the buildings at Manette's Edgewood Villa apartments on Monday, leaving 16 people...
- Followup: City planned to chop down tree that destroyed Cadillac
- Beat buzz: There’s something about this Bloody Mary
New law lets cyclists enrage drivers who are not too distracted by
In an effort to get drivers to look up from texting and get angrier at cyclists, a new...
- Local lawyers to vote for their preference to replace Judge Laurie
- Felon arrested by deputy watching from inside Jack in the Box
Locals named to All-State baseball teams on Thursday
Nearly a dozen local high school baseball players were named to the Washington State Baseball Coaches Association’s All-State teams on...
- West Sound baseball players named to regional team
- All-Olympic League 2A and 1A teams appear
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #90: City Life
Your photo challenge this month, IF you choose to accept it of course, is to show me your best photo that...
- FRAMES: From the archives 1975: kite flying from the ferry, a crooner at the Officer’s Club, gas prices and more
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #89: Festival Fun STAND-OUTS
Giving offense an official stamp
We've had conversations about offensive words and phrases here before. This On the Media segment offered what I thought was...
- Sheldon goes after teachers, Democrats go after Sheldon for skipping work
- When best to avoid an election
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide