FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1983: Rev. Taylor’s church service, a
dog in a “stroller”, battleship wars and MORE!
More images from a box of 1983 negatives from Bremerton Sun Photographers... A few images found: A dog in a "stroller"...
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1961-62: women working New Years, Kahn’s store, OC basketball and more!
- FRAMES ~ From The Archives 1983: SK Bed Races, Roosevelt Field demo, Elvin Bishop and MORE!
Fewer insurers offering exchange plans in Kitsap
Kitsap residents shopping for 2017 coverage through Healthplanfinder will have four insurers to choose from. BridgeSpan Health Company, Group Health Cooperative, LifeWise...
- Census acknowledges data gap that led to faulty fast ferry numbers
- Travelocity names Kitsap a top 10 destination for beer tourism
Once-dying Wheaton Way ‘a lot better than it was,’ councilwoman
Leslie Daugs in front of the new, 160-unit apartment development along Wheaton Way. Five years ago, Bremerton City Councilwoman Leslie...
- Beat Blast: Haunted downtown, a floating classroom and an art deco library
- IN PHOTOS: Fall in Bremerton brings blaze of color
Ferry fights may be more legend than fact
I’ve seen some weird stuff aboard the Washington State Ferries, and I’m not talking about mermaids beckoning me to...
- ‘Receipts’ now available to show debt to society has been paid
- Why don’t people leave their meth at home before they go shoplifting?
Amusing Monday: Young artists examine problem of trash in the
A free 2017 calendar, published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, features winning artwork in a contest that focuses...
- Foot by foot, shoreline bulkhead removal outpaces construction
- Hood Canal awards honor local efforts to improve ecosystem
More about Morse Code music
I had some fun in a story previewing Dr. Peter Mack's Oct. 22 performance with the Bremerton Symphony Orchestra, as...
- OHS musicians will be part of Admiral’s ‘In My Life’ show
- Kitsap-bred playwright’s work gets staged reading in Seattle
Law Enforcement and the Transgender Community Video
Recently the Department of Justice Community Relations Service (CRS) launched a new roll-call training video, “Law Enforcement and the Transgender...
- Social Justice Meet and Greet
- Remember Orlando
Port adds covered pavilion to Port Orchard waterfront
The Port of Bremerton is nearly finished building a covered pavilion overlooking Sinclair Inlet at its Port Orchard Marina Park....
- NKSD board reaches out with monthly newsletter
- City to ring chimes for law firm turning 100
Adrian nominated for three Golden Goggles, including male athlete
of the year
Nathan Adrian of Bremerton with his bronze medal after the men's 100m freestyle final in the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic...
- Nathan Adrian back in area for Swim Across America
- Nathan Adrian given hero’s welcome in Bremerton
Ferry system launches student drawing contest
The Washington state ferry Tacoma sits at Colman Dock in Seattle. LARRY STEAGALL / KITSAP SUN In recognition of...
- Labor Day Weekend ferries will be hopping
- Ferry ridership up, but what if there hadn’t been fare increases
Paddling Puget Sound in a S’Klallam canoe
Each summer, northwest tribes paddle canoes to a gathering point in Washington or British Columbia, visiting other tribal communities along the way....
- Protection Island Adventures: Cannibal gulls, boat trouble & my Pulitzer-winning rescuer
- See Enchanted Valley Chalet while you still can
Update: Big bucks for Wilson ($87.6M) and Wagner ($43M)
NOTE: Some new links and an update on Wagner's deal have been added. It's official. Russell Wilson signs a four-year, $87.6...
- Quick hits: Robbins/Jonson, Vettleson, Pumas, Montero/Zunino, QB Wilson
- Shooting from the hip on a cloudy Friday