New Silverdale restaurant access worries reader
The In Basket: Shireen Kennedy of Kingston e-mailed to say, "I hope you can help to illuminate the situation regarding...
- Airporter for Bainbridge is an uphill fight
- Morning rush is maddening at SR3 and Sunnyslope Road
Amusing Monday: Water ‘towers’ combine art with lighting
Inspired by a book called “Gifts of Unknown Things," British artist Bruce Munro created colorful towers made of water bottles,...
- Skokomish River gets special attention in salmon funding
- Ken Balcomb offers his personal observations about J-32’s death
Wolfe named transit vice-chairman
Changes are coming to the Kitsap Transit board next year. Ed Wolfe, in his first meeting of any type as...
- Inslee announcing transportation revenue proposal Tuesday
- Last time the Hood Canal Bridge sank, it was gusting 120 mph
FRAMES: Photo Challenge #84: Your Favorite Photo of 2014
December is winding down, as is 2014, which means It is time for Larry and I to start picking our...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #83: Frame Within The Frame STAND-OUTS
- FRAMES: Photo of the Day: Poulsbo Julefest
Hammel thrilled to be back in the Windy City; Dunn, Haas, Locker
In case you missed Jason Hammel's press conference on Friday, the 2000 South Kitsap graduate is excited to be back...
- Marshawn link; Mariners lineup; Kitsap’s Umpqua connection rolling
- NWAC: So far so good for OC Rangers basketball teams
Outdoor groups oppose photo and filming restrictions
Photo: Mij Revio/Flickr A coalition of outdoor recreation groups are joining the protest against U.S. Forest Service limits on commercial...
- Did the county get a good price for Place of the Bear?
- Outdoor magazine’s winter edition out Friday
Junior Nationals at KCAC, Federal Way
I checked out the first couple days of the USA Swimming Junior Nationals online and so far haven't seen any...
- Results available from Divisional meet held at OAC
- Adrian makes it a clean sweep at nationals
PDC to investigate allegation from prosecutor primary
The state election watchdog is going to investigate allegations of improper campaign spending during the summer’s contentious county prosecutor primary....
- When it comes to murder, it’s all about who you know
- They called him Lee: The glorious life and strange death of Leon Shaw
School discipline a hot topic, no quick fix
The Kitsap County Council for Human Rights on Friday hosted a conference tackling the school-to-prison pipeline, a term that encompasses...
- Humane society expands feral cat trap-neuter-return program to Port Orchard
- Does hip hop count as PE?
Kitsap’s state senators assume leadership roles
All three of the Kitsap Caucus' state senators will have leadership roles in the 2015 Legislature. Two of them are...
- The Moneyball/politics intersection
- Two local House races watched by state for potential recount
Thank you for the good memories
, Today was my last day working as a Kitsap Sun regular contributor. After 21 years as a newspaper journalist...
- Bainbridge Island police blotter, Nov. 26; UPDATED
- Bainbridge Island police blotter, Nov. 19
Transgender Day of Remembrance
Transgender Day of Remembrance is commemorated on November 20th each year as a day to remember the transgender folks who...
- The 24th Annual Kitsap County Human Rights Conference
- Missing Robin Williams
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide
Arnold’s ‘Fat Kid’ film makes another festival stop
The indie film “Fat Kid Rules the World,” which co-stars Bainbridge Island’s Dylan Arnold, has taken an unorthodox approach to...
- ‘Summerplay’ 2012 will feature a half dozen new one-acts
- Film director Lynn Shelton visits Rose Theatre