All-State boys soccer teams revealed
Central Kitsap’s Jaeger Skifstad, Kingston’s Alex Worland and Klahowya’s Jake Sargent and Paul Powell were named to the Washington...
- Klahowya hires Kerkhoff to coach boys basketball
- Locals named to All-State baseball teams on Thursday
Gregg Rolie brings Hall of Fame credentials to Kingston
They get some cool shows up at The Point Casino in Kingston. But not many of them have as much...
- Music schedule for Whaling Days is here
- Three Dog Night kick off Admiral’s 2015-16 season
Rainfall drops below average, but deep wells should be fine this
Rainfall in most of Kitsap County was fairly normal or slightly above average until April, when the spring rains basically...
- Coastal researchers launch blog to share findings about ocean
- Orca census shows increase in Southern Resident population
FRAMES: From the archives 1965-66: an earthquake, lots of Navy and
Opened a box of negatives from 1965-1966 and apparently from the first handful of scans, the Navy was the biggest newsmaker...
- FRAMES: Photo Challenge #90: City Life
- FRAMES: From the archives 1975: kite flying from the ferry, a crooner at the Officer’s Club, gas prices and more
Illahee Preserve’s long shot pays off
Photo: IllaheePreserve.org A last-minute change to the state's capital budget is making Illahee Preserve Heritage Park's expansion look like a...
- State budget puts $3.1 million into Kitsap outdoor projects
- Fundraising falling short for Illahee Preserve expansion
Wedding on a destroyer: a Turner Joyous occasion
Nearly four years ago, Bill "Travis" Poplin and Jeri Schueler went on their first date aboard the USS Turner Joy's...
- Tide of recreational marijuana rolls into Bremerton
- Edgewood Villa fire: what you can do to help
Kitsap Lake woman said her elderly mom gets three scam calls a
The caller said Holly Morton’s elderly mother, Genevieve, owed back taxes and if she didn’t pay – and...
- New law lets cyclists enrage drivers who are not too distracted by their iPhones
- Local lawyers to vote for their preference to replace Judge Laurie
Rockaway Beach residents asked to reduce water use
City officials are calling Rockaway Beach residents to ask them to reduce water use, specifically landscape irrigation. A new release...
- Bainbridge’s first retail pot shop opened
- Police blotter for June 26 edition
Beaning, base-running blunders, tough year for Cano
A day after getting beaned with an errant throw while sitting in the dugout, Robinson Cano had another tough day....
- What they’re writing, saying about the U.S. Open, Chambers Bay
- Does Chambers Bay deserve another chance to host a major?
Marriage Equality – Kitsap County Joins the Nation in
While there is more work to do on many levels, today’s history making Supreme Court decision is worth celebrating. In...
- It’s LGBT Pride Month!
- Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act and Some Consequences
Awaiting more of that fresh, tar smell in Silverdale
You have a week left to give a farewell to those pipes we all love under the Bucklin Hill bridge....
- Peninsular Interning: The best of Kitsap
- Online fundraising used to help Bremerton, Kingston families
Giving offense an official stamp
We've had conversations about offensive words and phrases here before. This On the Media segment offered what I thought was...
- Sheldon goes after teachers, Democrats go after Sheldon for skipping work
- When best to avoid an election
Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 2: Starting Raised
It may still be winter outside, but in my mind summer is starting. To help me beat the winter blues...
- Gardening Tips for Beginners, Part 1: The Potted Garden
- Did Flea Shampoo Kill Boo?
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all
that is in her – and dads fight too.
Lymphedema – Not even a mom can love it. … fight it, yes – with all that is in her...
- Harrison Medical Center, Better Breathers offers main speaker, John Gonsoulin MD, MPH PLLC – today!
- One Face of MRSA, Resistance Bug, in Kitsap County
2014 Primary Election Candidate Forums for Kitsap County
It's time again for the Primary Candidate Forums for Kitsap County so mark your calendars. All of the forums will...
- Sun Article Features Bev Cobain and League’s Saturday Forum
- Early Learning in Bremerton and the State of Washington
Terrific tides, a cruel crustacean and a smooth operator
A girl scout holds one of the many fried-egg jellies (Phacellophora camtschatica), large and small, that we found beached or...
- Worm your way into being a Beach Naturalist
- Swollen seas and a Tolkien tide